Festivities have started! Time to polish those sweet making skills……..Bring out the pans, the whipping cream, and let’s have a party! One of my dearest friend put together an awesome potluck Diwali Party. My contribution was a lime tart and it was wonderfully greeted with hungry smiles!
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs (food process)
- 5 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (use Florida key limes for their tartness and aroma rather than the Persian ones that are readily available)
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- Fresh berries – blackberries and raspberries; lime wedges
- Food process graham crackers, butter, ground almonds and sugar. Pulsate to mix.
- Press onto the bottom and sides of a greased 9″ tart pan.
- Use a Tart Pan w/ a removable bottom, it will avoid breaking the crust after you cook the tart
- Bake at 325* for ~ 15 min or until the edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, lime juice and zest. Acidic reaction between the lime juice and condensed milk will cause it to thicken.
- Pour over crust. Continue to bake for 12 – 14 min.
- Cool on wire rack until warm enough to handle to transfer to a serving plate. Tart crust should be warm to remove from the tart pan intact.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs
- In large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken
- Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form
- Fold in sour cream and grated lime peel
- Spread whipped mixture over tart
- Then garnish with the berries and lime wedges
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition facts: 1 slice = 288 calories
- Try; fold in 2 tbsp coconut powder for the topping spread