Lightly dusted with sugar and cinnamon powder makes these apple ring pancakes scrumptiously mouthwatering! You don’t have to drench them in syrup to make them tasty. Take this healthy snack to the ballpark and see your team win! Go Giants!
- 2 large apples 1/4″ slices – remove core with a cookie cutter (I used large Fuji apples that are very sweet)
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake mix
- 2 tbsp oil (I used grape seed oil)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or agave
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 egg (optional – I did not use)
- 1 tbsp powder sugar for dusting
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon for dusting
- Extra oil or butter
- Extra Bisquick for dredging
- Whisk together Bisquick, oil, sugar, salt, milk, vanilla extract and rose water in a large bowl.
- Heat and grease griddle with oil on medium.
- Sear apple rings on both sides for few mins. Make sure it retains its crispness.
- Dredge the apple rings in Bisquick flour.
- Then dip in the pancake batter and cook on the greased griddle on medium low.
- Spray or sprinkle oil on the top side before flipping to cook.
- Stack the cooked rings and dust it with sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Use this recipe to make fritters. Follow all the steps except searing the apple rings.
- Deep fry them in canola oil on medium.
- They taste like doughnuts with more of apple taste inside.
- Use the egg in the batter.
- Try pineapple, Asian pear or other fruits.