Do you hate eating dark green leafy vegetables? This group of veggies are the super food of health, they contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Put more in your body and they will protect your cells from free radical damage. Now let’s find a way to make them tasty!
Combination of these greens, earthy sweetness of Black Zebra heirloom small tomatoes (black, green and red color) and garlic cloves when cooked mellows into a sweet flavor far form its raw pungency which creates an awesome savory dish.
- 1 bunch dill (~1 1/2 cup) – finely chop and don’t use hard stem
- 1/2 bunch green kale (~4 to 5 cup) – roll leaves for ribbon cut then cut the ribbon in half and also use stem
- 1/2 bunch red chard (~4 to 5 cup) – roll leaves for ribbon cut then cut the ribbon in half and also use stem
- 3 to 4 any green chiles – fine chop
- 5 garlic cloves – slice or mince
- 4 heirloom tomatoes – dice
- 2 tbsp fresh blend of ginger and turmeric – food process
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp small mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad daal
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Bloom mustard and urad in oil, reduce heat and add fresh blend.
- Then add kale, chard, dill, garlic and chile, cook and reduce, not fully covered for about 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in between while it cooks.
- Add salt and tomatoes, saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Enjoy as a side dish or use as filling.
- Cooking green chile and garlic with the greens reduce the pungency and adds a gentle oiliness rather than fried taste.