My daughter did not take up the juice diet as she’s about to have a baby. In her last weeks she has been getting more hungry than usual, probably to put the fat on my grand-daughter. I can hardly wait. As the rest of the household was juicing she had less variety of food to eat than usual.
However, she made it work from our fruit juicing as there was some pineapple pulp/juice left over with some cooked rice and Quinoa in the fridge. Her mind working overtime decided to make sticky pineapple rice/quinoa dish. Had a small taste…it was too good! Tangy, salty, sweet and hot – all tastes in one.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup broccoli – cut small florets
- 2 cups pineapple pulp juice (juice with a juicer without using a strainer/ or can throw a couple slabs of pineapple in the blender and finely blend)
- 3 garlic cloves – slice
- 1/4 white onion chopped
- 1/4 finely minced jalapeno green chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli oil – contains sesame/soy/ginger/garlic oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a pan heat olive oil and red chilli oil on medium, add and saute garlic & onions until golden.
- Then saute broccoli florets for a few minutes. Remove florets to a plate.
- Then add the green chilli, cooked rice/quinoa, salt and pour in the pineapple pulp until it thickens and becomes sticky.
- Garnish with broccoli florets
- Cooking Rice/Quinoa: Microwave uncovered 1/2 rice and 1/2 cup quinoa in 3 cups of water for 15 – 20 min.