Pumpkin Cream Soup
We recently were gifted a Vitamix blender from Costco. After going through some of the Vitamix recipes, my daughter and I decided that since it’s the season of “pumpkin” that we would take the Butternut squash recipe in the book and remake it with pumpkin and put our own twist on the spices. It is fun to take a original recipe and turn it into a beautiful new one, except for things like Jalapeno corn bread – don’t TOUCH that recipe. (we’ll post that closer to Thanksgiving – if you are lucky!!)
The winter evenings are coming closer, and we are experiencing colder mornings and nights – Sopa is an excellent way to warm up and be satisfied. The way we mixed all the ingredients has a South American touch. South Americans use a lot of squash, and corn in their recipes so you guys can think of the Macchu Picchu mountains while surrendering to this soup. Perhaps you will think instead of a spooky Halloween where you are in a dark pumpkin patch and an evil witch is following you. Wherever your taste buds and imagination take you, I am sure you will enjoy this blend of vegetarian soup.
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin – add 2 tbsp of water and microwave uncovered for 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup of Pepperjack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of Organic 2% milk
- 1/4 cup of V8 Juice Low Sodium
- 1 Green Chile
- 1/2 cup of chopped Onions
- 1/2 cut chopped apple
- 2 stalks of Green Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of blended Italian spices
- 1 cup of Tortilla Chips
- Top with Croutons as needed
- Take all the ingredients above. Throw it in the Vitamix blender/ or other blender.
- Slowly blend on low speed and ramp up to the highest speed.
- Let all the ingredients get pureed into soup form.
- (The Vitamix does take hot ingredients so after you heat the pumpkin in the microwave you can dump straight into the blender)
- The soup should already be warm because of the cooked pumpkin, if not transfer soup from blender into a microwave friendly dish and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with Croutons, or sliced apples.