Tropical Fruit Smoothie
As a special request from India, here is a yogurt based smoothie that is healthy and tastes good. What a better way to start a the day than with a healthy energized smoothie!
- 1 1/2 large ripe mango (preferably not stringy) – peel and cut chunks
- 1 cup pineapple (Dole brand – chunks in its own juice)
- 1/2 banana
- 2 cups coconut milk (Freshly squeezed or Trader Joe’s Original)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp blue agave or 1 cup fresh squeezed cane sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Blend hemp seeds with pineapple until smooth.
- Then add mango, banana and coconut milk until smooth.
- Lastly add yogurt and ice and pulsate until mixed.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Can flavor the smoothie with few drops of vanilla, cardamom, almond or rose water extract if desired.