Pumpkin, Pumpkin and more Pumpkin (Pasta)
- 10 0z/~250 g Gemelli spiral pasta (100% organic durum wheat semolina) – cook pasta in boiling water for about 11 min with 1/4 tsp salt, drain, but keep 1/4 cup of the liquid
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts – cut in halves and microwave covered for 4 min in 2 tbsp water
- 6 cups pumpkin scrap threads (looks like spaghetti) – microwave uncovered to reduce for 3 min
- 5 garlic cloves – slice
- 2 jalapeno – thin julienne cut
- 4 tbsp fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) – finely chop
- 2 tsp pasta seasoning blend (available at Traders Joe’s)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp red chile flakes or to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – cut in halves (optional – if tartness desired)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano cheese – grate or shave
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Add garlic, jalapeno, fenugreek, red chile flakes and saute for 2 min.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sear, then add pumpkin for few minutes.
- Add pasta, salt, pasta seasoning and stir for few min – then add little of the pasta liquid.
- Turn off heat and add cherry tomatoes.
- Top it with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Vegan – Don’t add the cheese.