Quick Fix: Mixed Vegetables w/ Crumbled Paneer Curry
Are your dishes piled up? Did you work a 10 hr day? Don’t worry dinner can still be served…………….Frozen mixed vegetables are a nice option to cook on a lazy day.
- 4 cups frozen vegetables (green beans, carrots, corn, peas, green soy beans)
- 1/2 block crumbled paneer
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- Fresh blend: Food process (1 piece ginger, small piece turmeric, 2 garlic cloves, cilantro, green chile).
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1 1/2 tsp hot or mild curry powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
Temper cumin and onion seeds, reduce heat – add butter, chopped onion and fresh blend. Saute until golden brown and add the rest of seasoning except salt. Then add vegetables- reduce water and cover for few min until firm and cooked. Add salt and crumbled paneer for another few minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Enjoy with chapati or roll it in a burrito with some salad. Fresh and cooked make an awesome combo for the palate.